In September, Canada Artistic Swimming will be introducing AquaGO!, a brand new national entry-level program designed specifically to meet the aquatic literacy needs of 5-9 year old girls and boys. This program encourages youngsters to enjoy movement in the water with a goal of developing the fundamental skills to enable participation in aquatic-based activities through their teen and adult years.
STEP 1: To Register go to the https://artisticswimmingcoach.ca/ website and choose ‘register for a course’
STEP 2: Register with the Coaching Association of Canada (CAC) – www.coach.ca *new coaches only*
- Follow the link in the top right corner “The Locker”
STEP 3: Complete the following pre-‐requisites – please note that fees will apply
- CAC Coach Initiation in Sport online module
- Sport for Life Introduction to Physical Literacy course & quiz
- Read Synchro Canada LTAD framework 2.0 pages 1-‐23/29 and complete the online quiz:
Ontario Artistic Swimming – Trillium Instructor Course
The Trillium Instructor Course certifies Instructors to teach and examine the skills presented in the Trillium Awards Program. The course is primarily targeted for candidates who teach artistic swimming at the recreational level at the Learn to Train (ages 8-11) CS4L-LTAD phase. Candidates who successfully complete the Trillium Instructor Course are certified to teach, test and obtain awards.
- For candidates 14 years of age or older who are currently teaching recreational synchro but who have no qualifications. Preferred and recommended to have Bronze Medallion or Bronze Cross, but not mandatory.
- For candidates with no synchro experience, recommended to be Red Cross Water Safety Instructor, YM/YWCA Swimming Instructor, or Life Saving Instructor (LSS)
- Evaluated & Accredited through completion of course (4 hours)
- 100% attendance & participation
- Trillium Instructor Manual and supplementary hand-outs
Re-certification: (required every three years)
- proof of teaching a synchro course in the past year
- membership renewal
- online application link
Swim Synchro and Trillium Instructor re-certification and Membership Form