Celebrate National Coaches Week with FREE PD points
Ask the experts
These lunch and learn sessions will run from September 21- 25 from 12 PM – 1 PM EST. Coaches will be provided with the opportunity to ask questions to top sports experts and earn professional development points for both sessions. Each lunch and learn will include 30 minutes of open Q&A from participants (that’s you!), so bring your questions!
Hosted by courtside reporter Raptors 905 & NBATV Canada’s Akil Augustine, you don’t want to miss these sessions!
- Sept. 21st – On Coaching with NBA Coach Roy Rana
- Sept. 22nd – Physical Activity in the Year of COVID-19 with ParticipACTION
- Sept. 23rd – Talking Sport & Inclusion with Hijabi Ballers
- Sept. 24th – Parasport Coaching with two Para Sport Ambassadors
- Sept. 25th – Safe Sport 101 with Olympian Allison Forsyth
Lunch and learn – 1 PD per participant
Gain a new perspective with free webinars
The evening professional development webinars will be held from 7 PM – 8 PM EST. Each session will allow participants to gain 1 PD point while hearing from top sports experts.
- Sept. 22nd – Managing Self – The application of mindfulness in the context of sport with Jeff Overholt
- Sept. 23rd – Empowering Girls through Positive Coaching with Jane King
- Sept. 24th – Mixed Ability Sport and engaging your athlete with the Abilities Centre
Professional Development Webinars – 1 PD per participant
Take your learning to the next level with free eLearning modules
National Coaches Week is an opportunity to continue your coach education! Log in to the locker to gain access to free eLearning modules from the Coaches Association of Canada.
- NCCP Coaching Athletes with a Disability
- NCCP Making Headway in Sport
- NCCP Emergency Action Plan
- Safe Sport Training
- NCCP Coach Initiation in Sport
These modules are free of charge from September 19th – 27th.
National #CoachesWeek is soon approaching – and while courses and programs are filling up, there are still ways to stay involved throughout the week:
- Tune in to the Ontario Coaching Excellence Awards on September 19th – link coming soon
- If you’re a club/organization, order a FREE National Coaches Week Flag by simply filling out the form HERE
- Join the conversation on social media by tweeting #ThanksCoach