BECOME AN OFFICIAL
OAS Officials play a crucial role in artistic swimming in Ontario. Through theory and practical training, officials learn how to accurately assess artistic swimming events, lend support to clubs, and assist in high performance selection activities.
While anyone can become an official, having previous experience and understanding of the sport gives a great background of knowledge when beginning on the officials development pathway. If you are a parent, coach, volunteer or former artistic swimming athlete, taking an Officials course may be the next step for you!
As of 2021, OAS’s Officials Eligibility Requirements are as follows:
- Be at least 16 years of age at the time of Judge Level I course
- Be a registered member in good standing with OAS and CAS and renew registration annually
- Provide OAS with a valid E-PIC check using the Sterling Backcheck online process.
- E-PIC checks are valid for 5 years and will be tracked on your profile page in the CAS online registration system.
- Complete necessary online Respect in Sport and Ethics modules
HOW TO REGISTER
The following is a step by step guide to the Registration Database. Required registration documents can be found below. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Payment can be made by e-transfer, credit card, or cheque but it must be submitted to OAS by the prescribed deadline dates
Credit Card Payments
E-mail your preference to pay by credit card. A PayPal invoice will be sent to you for payment processing. Please note: a 2.9% convenience fee will be applied to the total invoice amount.
Please mail all cheques to the following address:
Ontario Artistic Swimming
12-89 Galaxy Blvd., Etobicoke, ON