Ontario Winter Games News Brief
Congratulations to all athletes who competed at the Lisa Alexander Tech & Routine meet hosted by Durham Artistic Swimming last weekend. A special congratulations goes out to the athletes and teams who qualified for the 2020 Ontario Winter Games, hosted by the City of Orillia. The four-day competition will be taking place on February 27 to March 1, 2020, and Ontario Artistic Swimming is proud to once again be part of this tradition. Artistic Swimming at the 2020 Ontario Winter Games had hoped to be contested at the newly constructed Orillia Recreation Centre, however our Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries informed OAS this week, that unfortunately construction of this venue has not been completed. As a result, our events will take place at the Games back up venue at the Bracebridge Sportsplex (110 Clearbrook Trail, Bracebridge, ON P1L 0A3). Accommodations for athletes, coaches and officials will remain in the Orillia and the Games Committee will transport them to and from the venue. We are working diligently to make all necessary changes to the travel, meal and event schedules and will advise all once finalized. We appreciate your patience as we coordinate the necessary pieces with the Games Team. Family and friends are encouraged to book accommodations closer to the venue to reduce excess travelling to our events. Lastly, for those who will be in attendance, we have great news … due to the success of securing sponsorship by the Games Team, all OWG events are free for spectators!
Venue: Bracebridge Sportsplex (110 Clearbrook Trail, Bracebridge, ON P1L 0A3) Opening Ceremony
- Dress WARMLY and wear appropriate footwear for an outdoor Ceremony – there is no alternative indoor venue
- Clothing will be available for purchase
- There is limited parking at Opening Ceremony due to road closures, please car pool or use alternative transportation
Ask a volunteer if you have any questions during the Games
- General Volunteers – Green
- Medical & Security – Red
- Sport Managers – Blue
- Clothing will be available at most venues, as well as Opening Ceremony and onsite registration
- Link to the online store: https://store.finedesigns.com/canada/orillia2020.html
- All sport competitions are free for spectators thanks to the event sponsors
- Event sponsors will have booths set up at their respective venue with give-aways, activations, etc.
About the Games
The Orillia 2020 Ontario Winter Games is supported by the Government of Ontario, through its Games Ontario program. This program delivers or supports multi-sport events, including the Ontario Winter and Summer Games for youth, the Ontario 55+ Summer and Winter Games and the Ontario Parasport Games.
Congratulations to our qualifying teams and athletes. Representing our sport at these games will be Brant, Burlington, CHACO, Durham, Go Capital, Granite, Guelph, London, Nepean, Olympium, Sudbury, and Waterloo.
- Top two 11-12 and 13-15 Teams from each of the East, Central & West Regions Progress to OWG
- Top 11-12 and 13-15 Teams from the North Region progress to OWG
- All AWD Athletes progress to OWG
- Two Duets and two solos from each qualifying team will be selected to compete in the Duet and
Solo events at OWG *Wildcard Selection:
- After review of qualified numbers, we were able to add an additional team in 11-12 and 13-15. Selection of the wildcard teams was based on the next highest championship score regardless of region.
Qualification results can be found on the OAS website.
All questions should be directed to Dan-Lee Athill, Programs Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org